Digital marketing strategies for businesses
Understanding our customers and their needs is critical to successful engagement with your market and capturing new business opportunities and revenue. An effective digital marketing strategy will leverage your data to understand and reach relevant customers. Read on to find out how to generate leads through content marketing, internet marketing leads and email marketing lead generation.
What is lead generation?
Lead generation (sometimes called the missing link between marketing and sales) is the process of using inbound and outbound marketing techniques to generate leads and find potential customers. Using lead generation as part of your digital marketing strategy involves identifying, attracting, and transforming your online traffic into prospects. Typically digital lead generation falls into two key categories. Inbound and Outbound.
Inbound digital lead generation methods often use online channels such aslike paid social media ads, email campaigns and pay-per-click Google ads, to generate enquiry from interested prospects. Outbound lead generation tactics put your business in front of decision makers who may not be actively searching for your services and products.
How to generate sales leads on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a business social network for decision makers in all industries. With over 800 million users worldwide, LinkedIn attracts users who are looking for business-related content.
Successful B2B lead generation via LinkedIn can be achieved through a number of key recommendations and strategies, outlined below:generate sales leads on LinkedIn, use the following digital marketing strategy.
1 Create LinkedIn personal profiles for your team
Setting up personal profiles on LinkedIn is an excellent way to create a network and share content. A LinkedIn profile can also help you build a personal brand.
2 Create a LinkedIn page for your business
A company or business LinkedIn page enables you to share information about what your company does. Using this page you can distribute thought leadership content and interact with existing or potential clients and suppliers. People who follow your company profile will be alerted to any new content you share and be able to register for online or in person events as well as submit enquiry as to your products or services.
3 Post valuable and relevant content
Regularly posting on your LinkedIn business page is an excellent way to help position your company as a relevant and credible business. When deciding what to post, ensure the content fits your ideal customer profile. If a connection “Likes” your content, it’s an opportunity to engage with them and identify if there is a business opportunity.
How to generate leads through content marketing
Creating engaging content is a skill and takes careful thought and time. You want to ensure it reaches the ideal audience. The following tips will put you on the path to successfully resonating and engaging with your target market.
Set your goals
Your goal in creating content is usually to generate brand awareness, present your company as a leader in your field and ultimately generate valuable business connections and sales opportunities.For example, setting a goal of generating 30% more leads over a certain timeframe can help you track, measure and work towards the goal.
Understand your audience
Content and LinkedIn posts should be crafted to resonate with your buyer personas. When planning your content, ask yourself the following:
- What challenges are your prospects typically facing?
- What information will they find valuable and can benefit from? What are the key/significant business benefits achieved by engaging with your company??
Find out which keywords to use
Ensuring your content reaches the correct decision makers in your market, is the only way to maximise your efforts and generate new leads. Keyword research tools, helps to identify the top keywords or search terms for a topic. Incorporating these keywords into your content can improve the reach of your content to your intended audience.
Using social media to create leads
When it comes to B2B lead generation, social media might not be top of mind however,social media is an excellent way to foster sales leads, improve brand awareness and reach a broad audience at a minimal cost.
With an estimated 1 billion users a day, Instagram is an excellent social media channel to create leads by:
- Using Instagram ads
- Actively producing reels and stories
- Adding a call-to-action button to the profile
- Crafting a perfect bio
- Using hashtags and links in your Instagram story.
TikTok lead generation for businesses is as easy as having a call-to-action button on an ad that opens an Instant Form to share information about your business. This form also allows them to share their contact information.
Email marketing lead generation
In a world where email is a predominant medium for business communication, utilising this forum can be an effective way to connect with and engage with decision makers and generate leads. Accessing opt-in data can be challenging for many businesses, so outsourcing email strategies to a company that already has an accurate database of relevant decision makers and who can also distribute content on your behalf, can often save you considerable time and money. To maximise your email marketin efforts consider the following: To transform these leads into paying customers, you need to nurture them and create an offer that will interest them.
Essential tips for effective email marketing:
- Know your target audience
- Keep your emails clear and concise
- Present a compelling business benefit and differenciator
- Develop an email subject line that will capture attention
- Have a compelling call-to-action
- Automate your email marketing campaigns.
Using ads for digital lead generation
One of the key purposes of digital advertising is to generate the desired action from viewers. The benefits of ads for lead generation include the following.
- A few taps can capture a lot of information: A Facebook lead ad is a simple way to capture your prospect’s information. If they tap on your ad, a pre-populated form will appear to give them the information they want while qualifying them as a good lead.
- Target the demographics of your current and potential clients including the location, size of business and their likely interests: A social media ad can be targeted specifically for your customer personas. This focused messaging can improve the click-through rates and sales of products or services.
- Customers can be re-targeted: A social media ad can be crafted based on people’s interests. They can also re-target these customers at a later time, meaning they will be exposed and see your brand on an ongoing basis, as they use the internet or use social media platforms. This builds quick recall in a prospect’s mind and re-enforces your business as one to be considered
- Video content: Strong visuals, including videos, can be used in social media ads. This technique can help portray your business quickly and easily to ‘time poor’ decision makers.